How To Get The Best From Your Ear Candling Treatment
Whether you are new to the wonderful powers of Ear Candling and the way it brings balance and harmony into your life, or a seasoned veteran there are a few things you can do before, during and after your treatment to ensure you get the most possible enjoyment and benefit and also to help your therapist to ensure they give you the very best experience and service.
Before Your Ear Candling Treatment
- Avoid eating a heavy meal or drinking alcohol, tea, coffee or other products containing stimulating ingredients or caffeine .
- Give yourself time to arrive and get settled. If you are rushed when you arrive it will take you longer to relax.
- Try to schedule time to relax after your treatment if at all possible, even if just for a short while. Due to the profoundly relaxing nature of Ear Candling you will benefit much more from allowing yourself time to recover emotionally and physically after your treatment.
- Ear Candling is personal and intimate and can heighten the senses for many, be sure you feel very comfortable with your therapist.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions or let your Ear Candling Therapist know if you have any concerns or worries. Your therapist is dedicated to giving you the best experience possible and will welcome the opportunity to put your mind at ease.
- Be open and receptive to your experience and trust in your Ear Candling Therapist's professionalism.
- Most important, look forward to your experience. Treat it as a gift to yourself and give yourself permission to enjoy it.
During your Ear Candling Treatment
- During your Ear Candling Treatment let your therapist know of any discomfort, whether it is from the treatment, room temperature, music volume, lighting, etc.
- Don't be afraid to speak up, it is important you tell your therapist of any changes or discomfort you may feel.
- Feel quite free to talk if you wish or close your eyes, relax and enjoy some peace. Your therapist will follow your lead.
- You have the right to end the session at any time, however if you feel uncomfortable with anything let your therapist know first so they can stop or make changes.
- Deep breathing helps you to relax. Be aware of your breathing and focus on trying to breathe right down into your abdomen.
- If you are having trouble relaxing let your therapist know, they can help you relax or adjust their technique.
- If you find your mind racing try to clear your mind by focusing on your therapists hands, seeing your thoughts in bubbles floating away or imagining yourself in a favourite place. Your therapist is sure to have plenty of ideas to help, so let them know.
After Your Ear Candling Treatment
- Book your next treatment. Ear Candling generally requires more than one treatment, especially if you have a chronic problem.
- Avoid exercising and treat your body kindly.
- Relax as much as possible for the next few hours. You will feel tired and possibly a little out of touch with the world for a short while, so take notice of what your body is telling you.
- Drink plenty of water. This helps prevent dehydration as the toxins in your body are flushed from your system.
- Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, heavy, fatty or spicey foods and fizzy drinks as much as possible for 24 hours. Your body will be working hard to remove all the toxins from your system, give it a rest and let it do its work.
- You may experience hightened or different emotions for a while, this is perfectly normal so embrace it. It is simply a release of stress or pent up emotion brought on by physical and mental relaxation.
Treat yourself with kindness and if you have any concerns simply contact your Ear Candling Therapist. He or she will be only too happy to put your mind at ease.